Janitors in Indianapolis, Indiana fought to make gains in their union contract in order to better provide for their families. These Janitors were able to negotiate a new contract with protections and wins. As much as $10,088.00 in new money for full time Janitors!
Other wins in their new contract include:
- Raises of $1.05/hour for the 1st year, and +$2.15/hour by end of contract!
- More time off- accruing vacation in less time of service!
- 1 extra personal day each year!
- 2 extra bereavement days!
- Discipline drops off record 6 months earlier!
- They protected their hours!
These Janitors join the thousands of other Janitors across the country who have fought to improve their working conditions and won.